Are you using an iPhone for many years, but now want to use an Android Smartphone instead?
If you are, then one problem you could face is having all the contacts on your iPhone transferred to your Android Smartphone.
If it was a transfer from Android to Android, then it would have been an easy task, however, things aren’t the same with the iPhone to Android as both the operating systems are completely different from each other.
Do Read:- How to share files on Dropbox – A simple trick
However, if you want to know how to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android, then read on.
There are many ways to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android. Below are given 5 simple methods:
- Method 1 – Manually: If you want to move some specific contacts only, then you can use Share Contact option where you will need to open contacts and select the ones you wish to copy. Now slide down and choose the tab that allows you to transfer it through text or e-mail. This may not be the best option if you want to save more than ten contacts.
- Method 2 – Through iCloud: Another way to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android is through iCloud system. Log in to iCloud.com through your computer and select the contacts you want to export. You can select them either one by one or all of them. Now click the gear and select Export vCard. The computer will begin downloading VCF file that contains the contacts. Now plug your Android device to your computer and copy that VCF file to the local storage and save all the contacts in your phone. Contacts and people application contain features that lets you add contacts from many sources. Just open the app and import it from your storage source.
Also Read:- How to Send Audio Messages from your iPhone?
- Method 3 – Through an App: You can also take the assistance of an application called My Contact Backup app where you don’t need to consult with your PC. Just download the app on your iPhone and launch it. After the app launches, it will ask you to access the contacts. Just tap OK and then tap backup. Now go to email and attach the VCF file and send it to your Gmail. Now open the file through your Android device and import the contacts in a similar manner as above.
- Method 4 – Through Gmail: In case you use Google frequently, you can use Gmail as well to import the contacts from iPhone to Android. Just follow the method 2 and save the contacts through iCloud in your computer. Now login to your Gmail account through Android device and click on the Gmail icon on the left cornor. Click contacts and then select Import. In the end, all the contacts will automatically be synced to your Android phone.
- Method 5 – Export through iTunes: If your iPhone version is lower than iOS 4, then other methods won’t be applicable, since apps are not compatible with lower version and iCloud didn’t existed. iTunes may be frustrated sometimes, but it does the job done and could be the only way for iPhone 4 user to transfer the contacts. In order to do that, download and install iTunes and connect your iPhone to your computer. Now open the handset device summary page and click info. Check ‘sync contacts with’ and click Google Contacts. Click apply and make sure your Android device is connected to your Gmail account. Allow Google to sync the contacts to your Android device.
These are few of the ways by which you can transfer contacts from iPhone to Android phone. Feel free to ask any questions, if any.