WhatsApp has received major updates recently. It has gone on from being a simple messaging app to enable something as complicated as voice calls.
This means it is already giving a tougher fight to all the phone carriers out there.
If you have a BlackBerry Z10 and don’t have the new version of WhatsApp, there’s no need to worry. Many users have found it difficult to install the app on their devices, while many others have faced several issues.
In this guide you will find some simple methods for you to have the powerful messaging and calling app in your new device.
Here are two methods so that you could follow the other one if the first one doesn’t yield the desired results.
- Open the web browser on your device and open the link: www.whatsapp.com/ota/
- This will take you to the official website of the messaging app
- Navigate and search for the “download” button
- Click on the ‘download’ button and install it
Once done, restart the phone and you will be up and ready to use the app.
The first method is going to work in all Z10s. There is no reason it shouldn’t work. If for some reason you don’t want to use it, use this second method.
- Open the Appworld within your device. It can be found in all the latest BlackBerry devices within the BB Menu
- Type ‘WhatsApp’ in the search option initiate a search
- You will come across several apps that claim to be WhatsApp. Choose the one that has is publisher as “WhatsApp Inc.”
- Tap on the install button
This will install the app on your Z10. Restart the device and you will be ready to use it. This method is also open to all the latest BlackBerry phones.