If you are getting an error code message “iPad Disable Connect to iTunes”, as shown in the following images, then you are landed at the right page. Here, you will come to know about 2 simple methods to fix this iPad error. Both methods include some east-to-follow steps. Thus, try these methods to make your device free from iPad disabled issues.
Following are some easy-to-follow steps that will help you to get rid of iPad Disable issues. Follow these steps in an adequate manner to get desired results.
Method 1: Restore Your iPad And Then Reset It’s Passcode
Step To Be Followed…
- First, initiate the process by rebooting your device in the recovery mode. You need to press both Power button along with Home in order to restart the recovery mode.
- Before going further, it’s recommended to take back up your device to avoid any data loss. For this, click on the iPad icon available there, and then click on the Summary tab. After this, tap on the Back Up Now option in order to carefully back up your iPad.
- Now, it’s time to reset your device. For this, open Setting of your iPad, and then click on the General option available there. After this, simply scroll down to find out the Rest option, and then click on Erase All Content & Setting in order to completely clear unwanted stuff from your device.
- After above step, restore your iPad and then restart it. For this, simply select Restore from iCloud Backup or you can go with Restore from iTune Backup in order to setup your device correctly.
- Now, simply reset passcode of your device to finish the task.
- Don’t forget to close all opened tabs to see the result.
This process of restoring your iPad devices and then resetting its passcode will help you to get rid of iPad is Disabled Connect to iTunes error message. However, if you are still getting this message in the screen of your iPad, then go to the Method 2 without wasting your time.
Method 2: Enable Your Disabled iPad
Steps To Be Followed…
- In order to start the process, first connect your device to your system through original Apple USB cable, and then root your device in the recovery mode.
- Plugin your device into your system with the USB cable, and then press both Home button along with Power button till iTunes icon appears.
- As soon as you see iTunes option, then select Restore option to continue
- Now, Reconnect your iPad to iTunes and disconnect your iPad from iTunes to complete the task.
- Don’t forget to close all opened tabs to see the desired result.
So, simply follow these steps in order to complete overcome from iPad Disabled Connect to iTunes issues. In case, you are still getting this error message on your iPad screen, then feel free to share your queries with us. Our technical experts are always present for 24/7 to help our users in the best possible way.