The whatsapp is fun and the most engaging applications ever developed. It has given a new medium to the way people talked and share things with each other. It has completely replaced the traditional texting terms. Apart from the benefits it has given us, there are some trouble also associated. It is so painful and tricky to delete a contact from your phone which was created with Whatsapp.
Do Read:- How to Check Call History in whatsapp calling for blackberry 9900?
Deleting a Whatsapp contact is not that easy like a normal contact because of the sync issues. Numerous complaints and requests about the remedy of this issue has driven us to write this article. Today we will be dealing with the problem of permanently deleting a Whatsapp contact because we have got so many queries and concerns about the same topic.
Browsing the Internet, I have come across a solution which has asked me to uninstall the Whatsapp and then install it again, but the only problem uninstalling Whatsapp is you will be losing all your chats and conversation history along with the contacts which you don’t wish to delete.
So what is the alternative way to deal with the problem so that the desired contact is deleted, and the rest of the things remain as it is?
Also Read:- How to Use whatsapp calling for blackberry Z3, z10?
How to delete whatsapp contacts
Well, here is how the procedure goes:
- First, you need to delete the contact from your contact list, which is the default phone directory of your phone.
- Once you have deleted the contact, make sure that it is not visible in the contact list. You can confirm it via search or directly navigating to alphabetical order.
- Now close the contact application and navigate to the home screen of your phone.
- Open the Whatsapp applications and look for the contact.
- If we are not wrong, you are still seeing the contact in the list.
- Now navigate to Settings–> Applications–> Manage Applications–> Whatsapp–> Clear Data.
- It will ask you to confirm about the action because it will be clearing the Whatsapp data locally from your phone.
- Press on the “OK” and move further.
- By mistake, please do not attempt to uninstall the application.
- Once it is done, go back to the Whatsapp application and it will again ask for your mobile number.
- When you will provide your mobile number all your messages and contacts that were in history will be stored back.
- You can also confirm whether the problem is solved or not. Search for the contact and hopefully you will not find it there.
Recommended:- Download and install Facebook Messenger Apk latest version for Blackberry
This way you have completely removed the contact from your phone. Now it is available neither in your phone contacts nor in Whatsapp contacts. Now you have learnt a new Whatsapp trick i.e. how to delete a phone contact created by Whatsapp.
Hope you will be able to follow up the steps and tackle the problem. If you are still facing the problem you can get back to us and surely we will assist you best.