Do you want to install the new Android 5.0 Lollipop on your Xiaomi Redmi 2? This guide will help you go through the step-by-step guide to update your smartphone.
Before you download anything or update the mobile OS, make sure to do the following:
Redmi 2 Android Lollipop Update
- Take a backup of all the data on your Xiomi Redmi 2.
- Charge he battery fully (at least 80%)
- Use the following steps to enable USB debugging:
- Go to System
- Open About Device
- Tap on Build Number 7 times
- Go to Developer Options
- Enter the USB debugging option and enable it
Steps to Update your Device:
- Download the three Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM files from following links: http://downloadsafe.org/file/05AM71, http://downloadsafe.org/file/05AM69 and http://downloadsafe.org/file/05AM72 onto your computer.
- Once all the 3 files are downloaded, save them in a single folder.
- Double click the first file and it will create a ROM.
- Search for CMW ROM manager in the Play Store. Download it and install on your device.
- Now connect your phone to your computer and move the ROM.zip file to the phone’s memory card.
- Restart your Redmi 2 in recovery mode via the newly installed ROM manager.
- Open ROM Manager and tap on backup.
- Once the backup is complete, delete all the data on the phone using the Recovery Menu. This includes wiping out the Dalvik Cache.
- Return to Recovery Menu and select Flash ROM from the memory card.
- Now go to the location of the copied ROM file.
- Open the ROM file and follow the instructions which will be prompted.
Recommended:- How To Eliminate The Bloatware In Motorola Droid Turbo
Follow all the instructions and you will be able to install Android 5.0 Lollipop on your new device. When the installation is complete, reboot the phone. It could take several minutes for the phone to start the new operating system.