Solar energy is a renewable source of energy and is becoming an efficient way to save the natural resources. It is environment-friendly, and it is also used in many devices and many companies. The entire process where the sunlight is converted to the electrical energy has now changed drastically within these years.
Solar energy is the most preferred renewable source of energy because you can get an abundant amount of rays and it has the capacity of producing 1000 watts energy. If you can replace the coal energy by this solar panel, then you can easily save a lot of money. The Solar PV system mainly used sunlight for generating electricity to run your house or the offices.
The power panel has many silicon cells or solar cell in them. It helps the solar energy or sunlight to get converted into electricity.
How does it work?
To know how the solar panel works for producing electricity read this article.
- After you have installed solar panels on your house rooftops, it will absorb the sun rays that are photons.
- Conductors and silicones are present on the panel that will help to convert sunlight into the direct current electricity that will flow in the inverter.
- Then the inverter will help to convert the DC to the AC that is the electrical power that you can easily use in your house.
And the leftover electricity which won’t be used will go back to the grid.
- If the electricity provided by them falls short, then you can also opt for the photovoltaic solar cell.
The process of conversion
Solar panels mainly use a process which the photons are converted to electrons for generating electricity by using a cell known to be the photovoltaic cell. You can find them in small gadgets or calculators. When the semiconductor faces lights, they try to absorb them, and the electrons present there will be knocked by the sunlight’s photons. Every electric field will face electron flow in a proper direction. And during this, if they meet any metal contact then they will produce electrical energy which you can use for powering the devices.
Then the silicones present in them will contact each other, and they will get drawn to another side. When they get amix, they will produce an electric field which won’t allow the silicones to move to the negative side. Some of these photons will meet the cell then they will get broken into the pairs of electron-hole and the electron will become free, and space will become vacant which can be filled with other electrons. The election will go to the negative side, and the positive side will be filled with holes. This will, in turn, produce some imbalance. So if you introduce a conductor in there, it will use all these movements to create current and voltage resulting in power generation.
Uses of Solar Power Panels
- You can easily reduce the energy consumption by this one-time investment. There are many places where electricity is not there. Government is placing solar panels in there so that they can run an entire place with it.
- Coal is a non-renewable source and hence to meet the growing demand using them will lead to more disaster and at the same time, it will pollute the environment, and hence it is a good idea to go for solar panels. As they are available in abundant.
You can use solar energy for home or offices. It is a one-time investment and with technological advancement within some years more and more places will depend on solar panels for their electricity. They are affordable and can be used for providing electricity in many remote places.