Are you concerned about your kids using your Android device? The team at Android has the perfect solution for you – create separate profiles.
It has been developed especially keeping in mind families where a single mobile device is shared by different members.
Do Read:- How to Make your Mom Feel as a Queen
This restricted-profile feature is available on all devices which are compatible with Lollipop. Just create a restricted profile with custom access to the apps of your choice including music, videos and books and activate it whenever your child uses your phone or tablet.
So how to activate this feature? Use the following steps:
- Tap on Settings and then on Users
- Tap on Add User or Profile
- Tap on Restricted Profile
- Look for a screen that says New Profile
- Tap on it and write the name of the new user
- The profile name will display list of all the apps under it (by default all these apps are switched off. You could set the ratings for TV shows and movies by tapping the respective settings button in front of different apps.)
- Tap on the Back button and place the device in sleep
- Tap on the user icon (it can be found on the top or bottom depending on the Android version)
- Tap on the new restricted profile and it will be active
Once you have set the profile, your kids will now be able to access only a limited number of apps. Besides, they will not be able to purchase any apps from Google Play.
Also Read:- How to Leave your Mom Stunned
You may also restrict them from making new friends on Google +. When your child has finished using the device, you can switch back to your standard profile and access any app.
This method can be used on all Android devices with KitKat and above and which are upgradable to Lollipop.