Windows 10 is the latest upgraded operating system of the Microsoft. So, if you are a user of the Windows based operating system, then you can get the upgraded version of the Microsoft Windows which is Windows 10. For the privacy and security concern, almost every user apply a password to their computer system. You can also apply a password in Windows 10. But what will happen when you have lost the password? You have no idea. Now you will think that how to reset my Windows 10 password? If you know how to reset then it is well and good, if you do not know how to windows 10 forgotten password, then you are at very right post. Here in this post, we are going to provide you the complete guide for how to reset windows 10 forgotten password. So let’s learn to reset windows password.
How to Reset Windows 10 Password?
You can reset your lost windows 10 password by using command prompt or you can also reset the password using some recovery tool. So in this guide, we will reset the password with command prompt.
Reset Password using Command Prompt
Either you can create a new user account or you can reset your password using CMD in windows. So follow the steps
- You need to insert your Windows 10 formatting DVD/CD to your PC or laptop. One thing you need to remember before inserting disc, Disable UEFI, and secure boot process.
- Now open the command prompt from the start menu.
- Now replace the utilman.exe with the cmd.exe, and then reinsert your CD disc to your system.
- Now at the screen, you will go to the Windows 10 Sign-in, now at that page click on the Utility manager icon. You will get the icon at the bottom left.
- If you have implemented each step carefully then your Command prompt will start
- Now type the command to create a new user account and further add that account to the local group.
Net Local group administrators/add
- Now get back to the Log-in page, now you will see the new user account which you have created. You can log in with your new account without any password.
So that by doing some simple changes you can easily reset Windows 10 forgotten password. This is a quite easy way to reset password in Windows 10. If you are getting the problem in this method then you can choose further other methods to reset Windows 10 password.
Reset Password with Windows Password Recovery Tool
Here in this section, you will learn to how to reset the lost windows 10 password using Windows password recovery tool.
- You need a computer for this process, so download advanced windows password recovery tool on your other computer.
- Download the full version, now carefully install on your computer system.
- After the successful installation prepares for the windows 10 reset disk either that should be USB or CD/DVD.
- Now you need to create a windows password reset disk, after the creation of the disk you will get a success message.
- Now insert that disk into the lost password’s PC.
- Now you need to boot your PC.
- On the screen you will see the user list, so select the user which password you want to reset.
- Click on OK and then wait for the successful message.
- After the getting success message you can log into your PC without any password.
Reset Password using Windows Account
You can also reset your Windows 10 password using your Windows account. Follow the procedure
Open the Microsoft official Website. Here is the link https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/
Now click on Sign in, at that page you have to click “I can’t access my account”.
Choose “I forgot my password” and click Next.
Now you need to enter your email address which was registered with your PC, and then feel the Captcha code and hit enter.
Now choose the option, how you want to get the code back. Either you can choose by email, by SMS, or then select send me.
On the next screen enter the received code and then reset your password.
Now you have successfully reset your Windows 10 password through the windows account. The whole process is very easy. You just need to remember your phone or email, and then you can easily get your password reset option.
You can’t Skip it : Windows 10: Most Common Problem and Their Solution
Thank you so much for being on this post. Here in this post, I have provided you the complete guide on how to reset windows 10 forgotten password. Hope you have learned to reset windows 10 password. If you are facing any issue then feel free to contact us or comment below. We will try to resolve your issue soon. Please do not forget to refer your friend if they also need to reset windows 10 lost password. Feel free to share this post in social media.