Search engines use sophisticated algorithms to connect website visitors with the content relevant to their search terms. Though these algorithms are a mystery, and no one knows how it works accurately, it’s all part of the game of internet marketing. It’s a known fact that 90% of visitors don’t go beyond the first page of search results. Hence, it’s crucial that your business website rank well to drive you a decent amount of targeted traffic. Here’s where SEO plays a significant role to help you increase your online visibility. Search Engine Optimization helps you to analyze your customer requirement and create relevant content that will help you to rank well in search results. SEO is an ongoing effort, and you would require to change your SEO strategy based on the algorithms and what’s working well for your business. However, these days, SEO is no more the issue. Instead, it is getting difficult to decide for business owners if to invest in an SEO expert to do manual SEO or go ahead with fully automated SEO software for their business website. So we thought to discuss the benefits of manual SEO vs Automated SEO.
Manual SEO as the term suggests involves a much manual effort to plan and strategize various activities related to on-page and off-page SEO. Meaning, you need to understand the SEO know-how. You would have to create a buyer persona and do keyword research which is a prolonged process. Manual SEO is moreover a trial and error experiment, and sometimes you may not even see any results. You can also read my latest blog on A Beautiful Website is useless if it does not rank in Google.
Advantages of Manual SEO
- You have 100% control over SEO strategies.
- Higher coordination and planning between the SEO teams.
- Leaves scope for development of off-page SEO.
- You can control the quality of backlinks by determining the websites where to submit your links.
- Much consistent compared to an automated process.
Disadvantages of Manual SEO
- It is time-consuming.
- Needs a higher level of commitment and consistency
- Very expensive.
- Needs expensive workforce and control of operations.
SEO has far exceeded the manual efforts with Automated SEO. Automatic SEO software can change your entire SEO efficiency. You can automate essential SEO activities keyword researching, social bookmarking, forum posting, blog commenting, etc. Automatic SEO is no longer a thing of future, it assures 100% satisfaction to the end user and does submissions ten times quicker than a manual process.
Advantages of Automated SEO
- Less expensive and faster.
- Regularly monitors for meta tags, meta content links, keyword density and check for broken links.
- Detailed keyword reports can be retrieved at any time.
- More comfortable to measure competitor’s strategies and progress.
- Scheduling is simple and less time-consuming.
- Eliminates your dependency on SEO teams.
Disadvantages of Automated SEO
- Doesn’t guarantee quality backlinks.
- Majorly quantity focused. Quality continues to be the issue.
- Not necessarily the links generated automatically can drive traffic to your website.
In a nutshell
Regardless of whether you choose manual SEO or automated SEO think of the long-term and short-term benefits of each and not just choosing the cheapest or easiest option. SEO is the core of digital marketing and as an online marketer, it is important to find a mix of both for realizing higher ROI.