Samsung is rolling out Android 5.0.1 for its European Galaxy Note 4 that features its latest CPU, the Snapdragon 805.
The first release came for users in Germany, followed by Netherlands. According to the South Korean smartphone maker, the new update brings a quicker and smoother user experience.
Those who have already received the update have claimed that it is more stable. The earlier flash was marred by several issues, with the “contacts have stopped” one being the most common one.
The phablet is more responsive, the camera preview faster, and the Do Not Disturb mode and several sound profiles continue to be there.
The Do Not Disturb feature is actually nothing else but the return of the Silent Mode. It can be used to mute alerts, alarms and all calls and there are no errors any longer.
So how to install the new Android L 5.0.1 in your Galaxy Note 4? The following steps will help you:
- Download the firmware
- Extract the zip format using an extraction tool (The Odin zip will have Odin3 v.3.09.exe and several other files)
- Switch off the device
- Press and hold the following buttons together – Home+Volume+Power – to enter the Download Mode
- Right click on the Odin tool and choose Run as Administrator
- Connect the device to the PC in the Download Mode
- Once the phone is connected (Odin will detect it in a few seconds) the ID:COM box will have a blue light and display COM port number (It can take a minute or two)
Recommended:- How to take a screenshot on Samsung galaxy s6?
- Choose the extracted firmware files in the first step from within Odin
- Click on the checkboxes – F.Reset Time and Auto Reboot within Odin (Don’t tick the Re-Partition checkbox)
- Click Start Button in Odin
- This will start the installation
- Remove the USB cable once the phone restarts to its home screen