This is the question that you may have on your head when switching to a new mobile platform, from Google’s Android to Microsoft’s Windows Phone. The progress to transfer contacts from Android to Windows Phone is not hard like you think, it’s more simple if you know an appropriate way to do.
With the launch of the Windows 10 Mobile, you may interesting to change your Android phone to a new Windows Phone, like the Lumia 640 XL from Microsoft, to try this new mobile operating system platform and discover new experiences.
Also Read:- How to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android?
So, after purchasing a new Windows Phone, how can you transfer contacts from old phone to a new one? Today, I will tell you an easy way to transfer contacts as well as musics and photos with the Transfer my Data app by using Bluetooth.
It’s a Windows Phone app that allows you to access and copy contacts from most mobile phone operating system like Android, iOS, BlackBerry, Windows Phone or Symbian, using Bluetooth. Along with the transfer contacts, the app also lets you transfer text messages, photos and musics.
Transfer Contacts from Android Phone to Windows Phone using Bluetooth
Before you use the Transfer my Data app, I just want to let you know that it’s only working with Microsoft Lumia Windows Phone, not for others like Samsung or HTC Windows Phone at the moment. In the future, the developer may update the app to compatible with the others.
- First, you need install the Transfer my Data app. You can easy to find it from the Windows Phone store or visit the link here.
- After installation progress is done, open the Transfer my Data app.
- Turn on Bluetooth connectivity on both smartphones of you: the Windows Phone and the Android phone, pair them together.
- A new phone book request message popped up on the Android mobile phone once both phones are paired successfully. You need to press “OK” button to allow the Transfer my Data app access to Android phone data.
- You will see your contacts on the Transfer my Data app screen, press “Start” to copy contacts.
- Once the copy process is done, it will show a success message: “Great! Your content has been copied from your old phone to your new phone“. Press “Finish” button to exit.
Recommended:- How to Save on your iPhone’s Battery Life?
So, if you are planning to switch from Android mobile phone to the Windows Phone platform, the Transfer my Data app is a great app to transfer your contacts as well as other data from old phone to a new one.
Please let me know if you are using any other great transfer app or best methods to transfer data between Android phones and Windows Phones.