You must have been facing the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Windows PC Error Code issue every now and then. Despite searching the web for any solutions, you must be unable to come across any effective help. Don’t get disappointed because there are many others like you who are facing this issue.
This problem is known as the BSOD or Blue Screen of Death error. It can freeze or crash your computer system. It is considered as a Bug and it means that some fatal hardware error has taken place.
There are several reasons why the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR may appear on your Windows system. This includes the following:
- Incorrect configuration/corruption of driver device
- Malware/virus error
- Windows registry corruption
- Windows error issue
- Damaged system files
- Corrupt RAM
- Blue Screen of Death Error (BSOD)
- Game-related issues
- Hard disk damage
So How Can You Fix This Windows PC Error?
Here are 6 ways you can address this error issue.
1. Run Windows Memory Diagnostics
Follow these steps to run Windows memory diagnostics to fix the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR:
- Open ‘start’ menu
- Search for and open ‘Windows Memory Diagnostic’
- It will run and display any errors
- ‘replace’ the memory if errors are found
If there are no errors, close the tab.
2. Run Windows in Safe Mode
- Open ‘start’ menu and then click on ‘shutdown’
- Choose ‘restart’
- Remove the system’s battery and re-insert it
- Restart the PC
- Make sure to restart it in the ‘safe mode’
- Let the restart process run
This method can help fix the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Windows PC Error Code.
3. Check for Hard Disk Corruption
You should also check the hard disk for any signs of corruption because it could also be the cause of this error.
- Open ‘start’ menu
- Type ‘chkdsk’ in the search bar and open it
- Let it run and check the disk for errors
Once done, close the tab.
4. Check Hardware Failure
You should also look for any hardware failure issues that may be causing this error in your Windows PC.
- Open ‘start’ menu and open ‘run’
- Type the following command into the box: “mdsched.exe” and press Enter
Once the process runs and gets completed, you will know if any hardware errors exist.
5. BIOS Overclock Disabling
You can also fix the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Windows PC Error Code if the underlying cause is related to the BIOS (Basic Input/Output System). Follow these steps to disable the Overclock:
- Open the ‘start’ menu and ‘settings’
- Open ‘update and security’
- Look for the recovery tab and click on it
- Open ‘advanced start-up’
- Open the option that says ‘troubleshoot’
- Open ‘advanced option’
- Open ‘UEFI Firmware Settings’
- Restart the Windows PC and the system will open BIOS
- Click on ‘advanced’ tab
- Check ‘overclocking’ and ensure that the option ‘overclocking is disabled’ is chosen
- Save the changes in BIOS
This should complete the process. Now the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR should get fixed after you have overclocked the BIOS.
6. Update the Windows Drivers
Once you have tried the above-mentioned methods and if the problem still persists, the underlying cause should be related to Windows Drivers. Follow these steps to update these drivers:
- Search for ‘device manager’ within ‘start’ menu and open it
- When the pop-up appears, choose the driver that needs to be updated
- Look for the driver having error sign
- Right click on it and choose option – ‘update driver software’
The driver will take a few minutes to update.
You can also use the following steps to update Windows drivers.
- Open ‘control panel’ from ‘start’ menu
- Look for the option that says – “Windows Update”
- Open it and look for any available driver updates
- If updates are available, click and update them
You may also enable auto driver updates using the following steps:
- Open ‘change settings’
- Open the drop down menu
- Click on the option – “install updates automatically”
- Open ‘ok’ and the configuration will get saved
This should complete the process of updating the Windows Drivers. It is expected that once you complete these steps, the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Windows PC Error Code should get resolved once and for all. So follow these above-mentioned steps to fix this issue. It is likely that you may have to follow multiple methods to address this problem in your PC.