How often it occurs that you come across a video on Facebook and want to save it because it’s something special?
If it happens too often, its time you needed to learn how to download these videos.
This guide will provide you a step by step guide to do so. Remember this method involves the use of a video downloading service. In this case we are using the site DownVids.
- Right click on the link of the video and click on “Copy Link Address.” If you think this seems complicated, just load that video and then copy its URL as it appears in your web browser’s address bar.
- Visit DownVids and past the URL into the appropriate box. Select the quality of the output video that you want. There are usually 3 options – 480p, 720p and 1080p. If you check the “Convert to MP3” box, you will get an audio file in MP3 format. If you want the video, leave this box unchecked. Click on “Download.”
- The page will provide you with a download link for the video (after it has converted it to the chosen video quality). Right click on the link and choose the option: “Save Link As.” Now give a name to the file you want to save and the location on your system.
MP4 is usually the standard format in which these video files are saved, but it can vary depending on the type of service you have chosen.
Similarly, you could use another download service, DownFacebook. It also allows you to download your favorite videos from the social site without any difficulties.
However, there is an additional or alternative way you can download using this service. Use the following steps for that alternative method:
- When you are watching the video on the browser, add the word, “Down” before the domain name “Facebook.com.” Also make sure to remove the ‘s’ from “https.”
- Once the changes are made, press enter and you will get the prompt to download the video file.
Both methods are easy and fast without concern whether you will be using DownVids or DownFacebook.