The long wait has now been over as the new version of Blackberry OS 10.3.1 is now rolling out in the market all over the globe.
It sure has been a long due since the Blackberry updated their OS, but certainly the wait was worth it as the new version includes many features that the previous ones didn’t have.
However, before updating your OS, you sure wish to know what the latest version of the OS offers that is not present in the older versions. So here are some of the new features that have been added up in Blackberry OS 10.3.1.
Some new features of Blackberry OS 10.3.1
- Blackberry Blend: With this feature, you can access all your emails and messages or files on a computer or tablet the same way you use them on your Blackberry handset.
- Blackberry Assistant: This feature allows the user to do multitasking more easily on your Blackberry device. With the Blackberry Assistant app, you can do all sorts of tasks by simply typing or talking in a natural way. Just say or type the request and the device will perform the task by searching it over the Internet or through your files. You can also update your social media status and search for directions and weather information or shop online with this app easily.
- Advanced Interaction: This helps the user to improve the battery life of the phone to perform more tasks faster. The features include ‘Lift to Wake’, ‘Flip to Save Power’ and ‘Flip to Mute’ that are installed in the new version of Blackberry that puts the phone into standby mode, silent mode or power saver mode.
- Visuals: It has some nice colors, flattened buttons and layouts with brilliant wallpapers and icons.
- Home Screen: Home screen also have been updated to provide the user with better visual experience.
- Quick setting menu: The user can now access settings, even while running the application. The setting list has been arranged as well with most frequently used apps on the top.
- Meeting mode: Now your phone will detect that you are in a meeting or an event and automatically changes its notification to meeting mode.
- Camera: now you can take pictures, make videos, switch cameras from the main screen. Users can also take pictures while recording the video.
Other than that, there are many more features included with the Blackberry OS 10.3.1 such as uniqueness in maps, music, videos, android app support, change app permissions, creating and editing notification profile and many more.
Recommended:- How to get Amazon Android App on new BlackBerry phones
If you wish to update your Blackberry OS to 10.3.1, then you would have been received the notification. However, if not, then you can manually check it by going to Settings> Software Update.
When you see the update is available, just click on the download. It will run in the background and you can return to your work.
Once the download and install is finished, your phone will restart and the next time you see your phone, the latest version of the OS will be seen.
If you have any problem installing the update, you can ask in the comments.