Shared album is a superbly personal means to have your photos distributed to some people. It comes out on all of your Apple devices when you subscribe for it.
With iCloud free accounts the sharing of photos becomes open to all for free as it does not depend on the assigned memory space.
To enjoy the sharing experience, switch on the iCloud Photo Sharing feature on all your devices.
Sharing in Mac is done by:
- Going to Photos
- Then to Preferences
- On the iCloud pane activate iCloud Photo Sharing
Sharing in iOS is done by:
- Select Settings
- Flap down to choose Photos & Camera
- Tap on the subsequent screen
- Turn on the switch next to iCloud Photo Sharing to green
Fortunately, sharing albums and adding to its contents is easy to do. For sharing in Mac, choose thumbnails or an album.
Open the iCloud Photo Sharing feature by clicking on the share icon on the tool bar of the Photos.
In the sheets that appear, select the New Shared Album by clicking and then name the album on the next sheet and by entering name, email, or mobile phone number into the ‘To’ area request for a subscription of the shared album.
In the area for comments depict some good remarks on the pictures you are going to share.
After filling all the required details, select Create. The users who were invited receive an email request prompt for subscribing to the album. Subscribing to the album by clicking the prompt brings it in Photos’ Shared view on all the devices where iCloud Photo Sharing is activated.
The method for making a shared album in Photos for iOS is same except selecting the whole album is not possible in its place. One the other hand individual pictures have to be selected.
To show likes or commenting on items in the shared album present in Photos of Mac:
- Open the album
- Select the picture or video by double clicking
- Then select the plus sign icon in the lower left corner of the picture
The comment sheet is now visible. Hit the smiley to like it, or select the comment area to write down your views in two or three words. After that select Send and Photos and your comments updated.
In iOS run devices to add and view comments or to like a picture in Photos:
- Press to open the album
- Then press again on the picture to open it
- Under the picture there are options that will allow liking the image, viewing comments and adding comments
- Strike and hold your finger down on a comment and select the delete button above the comments to erase it
Photos gather all the updates to your shared album in one Activities album that can be found in Shared views in Photos available in Mac and iOS.
These steps will make it easy for you to create shared albums in your Mac or iOS devices.