Features of the new version of android, the Android Marshmallow 6.0 have been the topic of much discussion and speculation since its announcement last May. Keeping up with Google’s tradition of naming android versions after sweet treats, the latest one is named after the much popular candy ‘Marshmallow’. But the question is, will Android Marshmallow 6.0 prove to be delicious to its users?
Previously mentioned as Android M, this latest version of Android is said to be focusing on the basics. While you may not receive a bunch of cool new features, you can definitely expect some awesome upgrades and additions to existing features. This new version also claims to fix the many bugs that virtually paralysed the previous version, Android Lollipop.
Do Read:- How to root HTC Desire S
While the previous versions of Android were mostly design centric, Android Marshmallow 6.0 is purely performance centric. As mentioned earlier, it focuses on improving the ‘already there’ features, as well as add some really cool stuffs to your Android experience.
So, here are the most important features of Android Marshmallow 6.0:
- App permissions: Have you ever felt unsafe while installing an app that accesses all the data on your device? Well, most of us do. Apps are very useful and of course you want to install them on your phone. But the very thought that by clicking the ‘Accept’ tab you are giving a free rein to the app on your device, is not comfortable at the least.
Well, Android Marshmallow 6.0 has an answer to this problem. Through the app permission feature you can actually choose which information to share with the app and which to hide. For example, if you are installing Whatsapp on your device, you may grant it the access to your microphone and withhold the access to your location.
Also Read:- How to jailbreak a Samsung Galaxy s3
In today’s digital age when data security is the greatest concern, this is one useful feature for sure.
- Fingerprint scanner: Yes, we’ve seen fingerprint scanner on Android devices before. But, it was not an integrated feature of the Android and was mostly installed by the vendors. But Android Marshmallow 6.0 has integrated this feature natively. Now, you can use your fingerprints to unlock your phone as well as to authorise payments through Android Pay.
The integrated fingerprint scanner will not only make your Android experience hassle free, but also more secure.
- Google Now on tap: Have you used the Google Now on your Android? If yes then you already know how useful this smart assistant is. Well, Android Marshmallow 6.0 has taken it a step further. This latest version of Android has spread the Google Now assistant feature through the entire OS. So, now you can pull up the Now feature from anywhere on your device.
To make it even more efficient, the Google Now has been equipped with auto reorganisation. That means if you are discussing a movie with your friend over text, the Now will automatically recognise the terms as “Movie” or the name of the movie and show you the screening times of the particular film in your locality.
Recommended:- How to install Windows 10 apps
- Auto Backup and restore: Now, this is one feature that needs no explanation. If you are fortunate enough never to lose data from your phone, then good. But for the less fortunate ones among us, backing up the data on the device is of utmost importance. Android Marshmallow 6.0 addresses this need with perfection.
The android OS will back up all your app settings and data automatically in Google Drive. While there is space limit of 25 MB for each app, the space taken will not be calculated against the Google Drive storage limit.
These backups will be take place once a day when the phone Wi-Fi connection is available. So, you won’t even have to worry about additional data cost.
Also See:- How to get clash of clans on Windows 10
- Doze: Battery life of any Android device has always been the point of concern for the users. Android Marshmallow 6.0 with its “back to the basic” approach addresses this issue with “Doze”. This cool new feature detects when the phone is idle and sends it into a deeper sleep mode stopping most background applications. This way, you can get more time out of your battery.
- App links: When you click on a link on your phone, the app link feature gives you the choice of a number of applications with which you can open the link. But, this can be annoying and inconvenient if this pop up creeps up every time you try to open a link. With the new improved app link feature, your android device can smartly read and detect the nature of the link you are clicking on. And thus, opens the link with the most convenient application available.
For example, if you are clicking on a facebook link, it will directly open the page through ‘Facebook App’ rather than giving you a choice between ‘Facebook App’ and ‘Google Chrome’.
- Track Memory: Though not a major feature, this one will enable the user to see which app is using how much storage space. This way you can choose smaller apps over heavier ones and save on precious storage space.
- Direct Share: This is again one smart feature that will read and detect the contacts with which you share contents. Thus, it’ll enable you to share your contents with them with one simple touch only.
Do visit:- Blackmart Alpha free download for Android
With all this improved features and addition of new ones, Android Marshmallow 6.0 is definitely the one to look ahead for. While, no particular date for its launch has been announced by the company yet, one can expect it to be launched somewhere around November.
While the Google Nexus 5 & 6 along with HTC one M9 & M8 has already been confirmed to receive the Android Marshmallow 6.0 updates, it is speculated that Samsung Galaxy Note 5 & S6 Edge+ are also due to receive this new OS.